Where did the summer go? The difference in a San Antonio summer and a western Kansas summer is the humidity level and the length of the season... Because of the humidity in SA, the summers felt warmer down there even though the temperatures read the same. This past summer was pretty mild, and I must have adapted to the humidity in SA more than I thought...because, last month I still felt like I was waiting for summer to roll around. And what an eye opener October has been! I forgot 40 degree weather could come so "early"! The cool weather has been nice...the wind, however....not so much. :P :)
I am supposed to be working right now...but..........we just aren't that busy. :) So, since I am at the office, I don't have all of the pictures I'd like to post with this blog, but I do have a few to add.
I know most of you have met Troy by now....and if you haven't, you must! :) He is absolutely wonderful! We have been dating for sometime around 6 months...depending on when you decide to calculate it from, and it has been an incredible 6 months at that! One of Troy's most favorite pasttimes is hunting...and I got to enjoy a taste of it by going dove hunting with him this summer. We had a great time! I think I shot 7 dove over a span of two days
...and...went through a "few" boxes of shells; but I can honestly say, I had a blast! The plan is to go deer, duck, and goose hunting with him this fall/winter...so I'll keep you updated on how that goes!! I sure hope he doesn't mind me barging in on too much of his "man-time". :) Troy has a lab named Emma, who he is training to be his hunting "companion". He bought her shortly after we met, and has been working diligently with her ever since. She even went up to "boot-camp" with one of his hunting buddies to do some training. Emma works so hard, and has such
a good heart. I have no doubt that she is going to be an amazing partner for him to have out on the water and in the field. In addition to that, we have had a great time bbqing, hanging out with friends, and going on some short road trips. We are heading up to Manhattan in a couple of weeks to go to the KSU - A&M game, and are planning a little bit longer road trip to San Antonio in mid-November; both of which I am extremely excited about!! It will give Troy a chance to show me his "ol' stompin grounds" at K-State, and me to show him mine down in SA. :)Last month I also drove up to Kansas City to enjoy a girls weekend with some of my college friends. We had such a great time! Laci, April, Laura, and I met our freshman year in the dorms at FHSU. We don't get to see each other near as much as we would like; but every time we get together we can always pick up right where we left off. Saturday afternoon we checked out the new development downtown, where we enjoyed lunch at a small Italian cafe. That evening we got all dolled up to enjoy a night on the plaza, which included some quality time at the Melting Pot, a fabulous fondue restaurant that I highly suggest everyone try. ;) Most importantly, our weekend included hanging out at the apartment just catching up and enjoying girl-talk, chocolate, and watching a movie. It was a great little getaway, which I have many pictures of and will post on here later. Our next plan is to meet up in Denver (where Laci lives). With as busy as our schedules always are, it may be late next spring or summer, but either way it's something us girls look forward to! :)
My family is doing very well, also! As Tabatha said in her blog, we went out to eat for Mom's birthday the other night, and it is pretty crazy to see how much everyone is growing up and involved in their own life. It is incredible, however, to see everyone's progressions and accomplishments they have made. I sit back and think of how when you are younger you just can't wait for these times in your life to come... Now it IS all happening, and it is an amazing thing to see and be a part of! I am so blessed to have the friends and family that I do!
Congratulations to Amy, Chris, and Madi on the new addition to their family; and good luck to Brad, Tiffany, Ray, and Sam on their last month and a half until their new addition arrives!
I will post some more pictures shortly! Hope everyone is enjoying fall! :)
Love ya! :)
~Ashley

No comments:
Post a Comment