Saturday, July 18, 2009

Where do I start...??

Wow! This time it really has been awhile since I have updated my blog. I apologize to all of you (if there are any left) that have been following it. So much has happened in the past few months, that everytime I think about updating this, I have so much to say...and nowhere to begin!

First and foremost, I am back in the great state of Kansas! :) As weird as it may sound to some people that a transition from San Antonio, TX to the great western plains of Kansas can be a good thing...I think it is one of those things that you just can't appreciate enough, unless you grew up here, leave, and return to enjoy all of the simple things in life that are way too easy to take for granted! San Antonio was and still is an amazing place, and I haven't called it quits there by any means...but it was time for me to move closer to family. Sooooooo much was going on and somehow I just wasn't able to make a 1,500 mile round trip vacation work every weekend. I realized my heartache was from missing out on so many family events and little happenings, as well as how much money I was spending on traveling; so it just seemed right to make the transition. I knew it would come sooner or later, it just so happened to come this spring! I am already planning a trip to SA to visit some VERY important people, though...that I could never leave behind! So...Tonja...I hope you are ready for me!!! :)
Moving back to Kansas has turned out to be a great decision! I was extremely nervous about the move. The thought of quitting my job in San Antonio made me sick to my stomach. It is terribly difficult to walk away from a situation in which you have become so involved and comfortable in, and think about starting from scratch all over again. Leaving my wonderful friends down there seemed almost unbearable, and I didn't know what I would do if I left. It was almost like leaving one life to come back to another...very strange feeling...but true because the two were so hard to mesh since they were separated by such a long distance. It was so hard to see what was yet to come if I made the decision, but I knew it was what I needed to do. So, I took the bull by the horns, and moved to Kansas! Needless to say, I did have a few incentives to move up here! I absolutely love being closer to family, and being able to be there when someone needs me.
Okay...I cannot stall anymore...I must tell you the most important news of my move! I have a brand new heart-throb!!! :) He has completely stolen my heart, and I am still trying to think of ways to love him more! It seems nearly impossible! Of course it is Jaxson! My wonderful nephew! He is now just over 2 months old, which I am sure you all have been following in Tabatha and Jason's blog; so I need not retell stories. I didn't know I could be so proud of him! I brag about him as if he were my own! He is so precious, and absolutely the cutest little boy ever! I am attaching some of my favorite pics of him! :) I love him more than words can say! Tabatha and Jason are so blessed...as are the rest of us to add him to our family! :)












Other than that...I have started a new job at Kitchens, Inc., a custom cabinetry dealer in Dodge City. We remodel Kitchens, Baths, Closets, and anything else that may need cabinetry. The position actually came up at the perfect time; and is right along the lines of my business so it fits in well with my schedule. Other than working there full time, I am working on building up my own business designing homes and doing a few commercial projects, too. This is primarily what I would love to be doing full time...so...if/when you all start building...hint....hint... ;) I have had a couple of leads on some new projects...so hopefully they follow through and become reality! Some say it is high hopes for our economy...but if you don't reach high, you may never know what's out there and what could be!
To wrap this up, life is going great! I have been in contact with many friends that I haven't spoken to or seen since I moved down to TX. I am living at home right now with Mom, Dad, Austin, and Brice (when he is home from school)...so it has definitely been a change going from a one-bedroom apartment with Scout, to living in one bedroom in a full house. Although I do miss the traveling, I am really enjoying being closer to my family. And...actually...it feels pretty good to be living out in the country again! ;) Other than that, there are many other things that are going very well in life right now. :) I am thoroughly enjoying life, and trying to take in some of the things that I have missed in the past few years.
I hope all is well with everyone, and I'm happy to have rejoined blogging again! :) Let's just hope I can keep it up! :)

Take care and love you all!!! ~Ashley :) :)

No comments: