Wednesday, October 22, 2008

TEXAS STATE FAIR!

This past weekend, Tonja and I went to the State Fair in Dallas. We had a great time! We decided we were going to fly by the seat of our pants, with no worries, and just have a fun girl's weekend! So...that's what we did! We drove up to Dallas Friday night...left around midnight, and pulled into her parents' place around 4am. Ugh! Exhausted! Went to bed, and decided we'd just wake up 'whenever' and then head to the fair. Ha! Her wonderful parents had us up with the roosters! :) They weren't going to let us miss out on anything! Her mom made us a wonderful homemade breakfast, with EVERYTHING you can think of! It was splendid! ;) So, we enjoyed our breakfast, and got ready to go to the fair! Neither Tonja nor I are big on rides, so we went for the exhibits...and the food... ;) ha ha! Or so it seemed at the end of the day! We all know you can't go to the fair and be a health nut...so we tried it all! :) The items that made up our menu were chicken fried bacon, fried grilled cheese sandwich, and a fried SnoBall! Wow! Talk about heart-healthy! We didn't finish any of them, but we had to try 'em! They had SO many other 'fried' things to try...but by the end of the afternoon, our arteries were so clogged, we decided we'd keep from having to admit ourselves into the hospital! We walked around to all the exhibits, and saw some pretty neat stuff! That evening, we got a hotel, and hung out in Dallas Saturday night, with some of Tonja's friends from high school. The "Dallas Party Scene"...quite the experience for the small-town Kansas girl!...And I thought I had seen all I could in San Antonio! Ha ha! Yeah right! It was fun, though! Felt great to get out and do something different! So, here are some pics from the fair!!! Congrats to Tonja for making a great pic on my blog!!! ;) I'm sure she is excited! :)


"Big Tex"...the symbol of the Texas State Fair!

1 comment:

The Helm Family said...

Sounds like you had fun. It's so funny to hear about a state fair in late October, but I guess warm weather states can have them when they want too!

So glad to follow your blog and happy to see that you enjoy mine. I love blogging!!