Thursday, October 30, 2008

DON'T STICK YOUR NOSE WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG!!!

Imagine! 5:00am...walking Scout...he sticks his nose in the bush to "mark his territory" and a skunk marked his territory as Scout!!! Yay! OMG! I know skunks smell...and only thought I knew how bad...UNTIL this morning! Wow! I feel bad saying luckily...but "Luckily" Scout was on the end of his retractable leash, so the spray didn't reach me!! Oh, but I'm sure I was quite the sight... :) and looked like a crazy blonde trying to take care of her little white pup! ha! So...fortunately I have the truck, because I put Scout in the bed of the truck and ran up to my apartment...had to wash my hands from lifting Scout into the truck...they stank! Then, I carried my HUGE pet taxi down my wonderful 3 flights of stairs, and put it in the back of the truck! I could smell Scout from about 40 feet away! I had to put Scout in the taxi...so 'of course' had to run up the stairs again and frantically wash my hands! But! Oh no! It got on the cuff of my sweatshirt, too!! So, I ran out to my balcony...thank goodness it was 5:30 in the morning and it was dark....and I stripped out of my skunky clothes...and ran in and took a shower!!!! Hm! Safe! The skunk odor did not make it into my apartment!!!! :) So, I killed time until 8 and took Scout to the nearest vet! Only to hear that they do not do the "deskunking" process...but can give me a recipe to bathe him myself! :) What fun! NOT! I was trying to avoid taking him into my apartment...obviously, because I didn't want to have to "deskunk" my apartment! So, long story short...I found alot of places willing to give me recipes...but no deskunking baths. Finally I found one...but they had no baths available for the day! NO wonder! They are only 1 of the 2 in the entire city that will deskunk a pet! :) So they recommended me to another one. I called them at 9:15...and their "deskunking professional" was only there until 10....HURRY!!! So, I flew across San Antonio, and finally got Scout to begin the deskunking process! :) Yay!! They said they would give him about 4 baths throughout today...and informed me I would probably have to give him deskunking baths for the next several weeks... Yippee! But, at least they are taking care of the initial process! :) Thank goodness! So! No more pissin' on the bushes Lil Scout! Mark your territory on the curb!!! Hopefully there will NOT be another post like this in my blog anytime soon! :) Have a date tonight...hope he doesn't mind a little skunk! ;)

2 comments:

The Helm Family said...

Yuck!!! What a morning, hopefully he learned his lesson.

The Gengler's said...

OH NO!!!!!!! Poor Scout!!! So does he get to come home today? That is horrible!!! :( I'm glad you found a place but poor Scout having to stink like that for five hours!! :P