Wow! It's been awhile! I haven't updated you all on what is going on in San Antonio for a while! Well, maybe I have...individually, but not "globally" on my wonderful blog! ;) So, here it goes...the last couple weeks of my life in a nutshell! :)
So, this past weekend I became a "biker babe" for a day! ;) Didn't go all out with the leather and all, but had some pretty "sexy" gear nonetheless...as you can see in this wonderful pic! :)
As Mom said...I look like a chemical terrorist or something! ;) I went with a friend of mine for a ride last Saturday up to Bandera, TX...then on to Lost Maples. Of course we chose the coldest morning EVER (of San Antonio anyways) to go on our bike ride...hence why I am completely covered in this pic. :) We had to take a pic like this, because it was just too funny! :) Anyways, Bandera is a little western tourist town with lots of little shops and history. It is a great place to stop. We were headed to Lost Maples, which is another 40 minutes past Bandera, and is a really popular natural park during this time of year, due to the changing leaves of the season. Ha! Popular is right!! We got all the way to the park and it was an hour and a half to two hour wait, just to get into the park!! There were cars parked along both sides of the highway, just waiting to get in! Well, being so cold and just out on the bike...we decided not to wait. There are so many trees in the hill country anyways, that I'm pretty sure we saw the gist of it on our way there! Plus, it was so windy that day...who knows how many leaves would have been left on the trees anyways! So, we turned around and drove back through Bandera...stopped to have lunch, and visited some of the little shops. It was alot of fun! There were lots of bikers out and about that day, and on our way there they had a road block, due to a fatality caused by a deer that broad-sided one of the bikers. It was not what either of us wanted to see...especially having been my first road trip on a bike...but it sure made us a little more cautious. Anyways, the trip went well for us, and even though it was cold, we had a great time!
As Mom said...I look like a chemical terrorist or something! ;) I went with a friend of mine for a ride last Saturday up to Bandera, TX...then on to Lost Maples. Of course we chose the coldest morning EVER (of San Antonio anyways) to go on our bike ride...hence why I am completely covered in this pic. :) We had to take a pic like this, because it was just too funny! :) Anyways, Bandera is a little western tourist town with lots of little shops and history. It is a great place to stop. We were headed to Lost Maples, which is another 40 minutes past Bandera, and is a really popular natural park during this time of year, due to the changing leaves of the season. Ha! Popular is right!! We got all the way to the park and it was an hour and a half to two hour wait, just to get into the park!! There were cars parked along both sides of the highway, just waiting to get in! Well, being so cold and just out on the bike...we decided not to wait. There are so many trees in the hill country anyways, that I'm pretty sure we saw the gist of it on our way there! Plus, it was so windy that day...who knows how many leaves would have been left on the trees anyways! So, we turned around and drove back through Bandera...stopped to have lunch, and visited some of the little shops. It was alot of fun! There were lots of bikers out and about that day, and on our way there they had a road block, due to a fatality caused by a deer that broad-sided one of the bikers. It was not what either of us wanted to see...especially having been my first road trip on a bike...but it sure made us a little more cautious. Anyways, the trip went well for us, and even though it was cold, we had a great time!
Other than that...this past week, I went to my second hockey game ever! It was pretty fun...had no idea that the fights that take place are just as important as the game itself! It was so funny, and ridiculous to watch them get angry and put on a throw down, "just because". It was like we were watching a hockey game with intermissions of UFC or something! And the refs loved it just as much as the players!! ha! It seemed so set up and silly! But the game was fun to watch! I told Mom I would post a video on here of the game so she could see what it was like. :) You can't see much in this video...or even really make out what is going on or where the puck is...but nonetheless, it is footage! ;) I tried to video a fight, but didn't get it in time! ha! Other than that...I am anxiously awaiting my family's trip down for Thanksgiving!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY cannot wait!!!!!!!! I have been counting down for about 2 months now...just waiting and waiting around for Thanksgiving! I know it will go by all too fast, though, but it will be so enjoyable and well worth the trip! :) Easy for me to say...since I'm not the one driving it this time! ;)
Otherwise, nothing else has been going on... Sorry for the long and not-so-exciting blog. I won't wait so long to post again...and promise next time will be a little more entertaining! :) Until next time.....stay warm all you wonderful Kansas folk! :) And if you can't...you are always welcome to visit! ;) Love you all! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment