Monday, November 3, 2008

Dorothy & Toto

This past weekend for Halloween I dressed up as Dorothy! There is NO DOUBT that you ALL would have claimed me as family member & friend...especially because of the bright red sequin shoes that I wore! :) But, they were definitely what made the costume a hit! I went out with one of my friends, and we were laughing all night at all the drunks that thought it was just AMAZING that I was Dorothy, and then actually from KANSAS, no less!!! OMG!!!!!! What excitement you can bring to those who are intoxicated! ha! So, the Dorothy costume turned out great as did the evening! (If I get pics from Kelly, I may post them...)
BUT! on to the update of the wonderful "Skunk" episode... It turned into quite the scenario for the weekend! I did finally pick Scout up that Thursday afternoon...(the day of the deskunking)...and brought him home! He had that smell where you can tell he was sprayed by a skunk, the smell was just trying so hard to be covered up by the wonderful fragrance of their shampoo... Poor Munchkin! So, I let him hang out on the back patio for the rest of the evening. He slept so much that night and the next day, probably just from being traumatized! Surely, he was on to recovery, right? Well, as I was preparing to be Dorothy for Halloween that evening...I realized my little Toto wasn't feeling so hot. I went down to pet him and he yelped like I had never heard him yelp before! He couldn't walk on one of his back legs, and was not moving anymore than he had to. :( The next morning I took him in to the Emergency Vet, and they said he was having a bad reaction to the rabies shot they had given him when I took him in for the "deskunking"... :( What next?! So, the doc had to put him on some antibiotics, and told me to keep him from moving around too much the next 5 days... ha! Well, by Sunday afternoon, Scout was up and around almost back to his old self! And this morning, at 5am...he was once again pulling ME down the sidewalk! I gave him another bath this weekend, and the smell is slowly going away... You don't notice it unless you really bend down to pet Scout...but I am sure he is still smelling it all day! Hopefully, he has learned! Oh, and last night...pulling into the driveway...what do I see, but our friendly skunk crossing in front of me! :) 2 seconds earlier, and he would have been road kill! Watch out Peppy La Pew!!!!!

No comments: